An exciting step after choosing to accept and follow Christ is getting baptized and sharing your personal story! Prior to your baptism day, we will film a video where you can share how you accepted Jesus and why you want to get baptized. Don’t feel anxious, because it’s really not intimidating. Don’t worry about “messing up.” You will be given all the time you need to say what you want—and, yes, you can write it down and practice ahead of time to get it just right.
When you sit down to record your video, you’ll want to be sure to include the following:
- Your name
- Your age/grade
- Your story about when you accepted Jesus as your Savior
- Why you want to be baptized
Other things you can share are:
- A favorite Bible verse or Bible story that impacted you
- Thanks to family, small group leaders, friends, etc.
- What God is teaching you right now
We are excited to celebrate this important day with you.
If you have any questions, send us an email. We want to make sure you feel entirely comfortable as you film your video and celebrate baptism with your family and friends.